Monday, April 05, 2010

In duo with Moe! Staiano this Thursday in SF

So, I am artistically immersed in found text, especially spoetry.

There's a new "form" of spoetry going around lately, which I'm sure represents the latest innovation that will get the spammer's message past email filters.  It builds on a spoetry form from last year -- words randomly arranged in groups of two or four -- and now features not just random words, but words divided in random places.  The result is words divided into smaller unrelated sound units.

I've collected four of these spoems and I'll be performing them for the first time this Thursday, April 8th at the Luggage Store Gallery.  Joining me will be mad genius percussionist and found objects artist Moe! Staiano.  He's played in my Flip Quartet a couple of times, but we have never improvised together before, and I feel like he's the guy to help me squeeze maximum Dadaist meaning out of the new spoetry form.

Please join us at 8:00 p.m.  The gallery is located at 1007 Market Street near 6th Street.  Admission is $6 - $10 sliding scale, with no one turned away for lack of funds.

No comments: