Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Nine months

Nine months would be the gestation period for a new human life. But I don't feel like anything new has been created.

I can't stop time from passing. Time flows onward without my consciousness or consent, and so too, it seems, does the distance. I feel I must be like any other animal who loses its mate -- instincts take over, along with the will to survive. I don't feel good about having a will to survive and benefiting from it when Paul couldn't catch a break.

Here are more things and people and creatures Paul loved.


  • Frank Lloyd Wright
  • "The West Wing"
  • His aquariums
  • His guinea pigs
  • talking to squirrels
  • talking to crows
  • Bleu cheese
  • Worthington Fry Chik
  • Bacon
  • "The Planets" by Gustav Holst
  • EliSheva Nesher
  • Cats (all of them)
  • "Pretty in Pink" (except the end)
  • "The Breakfast Club"
  • Siouxsie and the Banshees
  • my mom's Texas artichoke dip
  • Artichokes
  • Dick Dale
  • All surf music
  • "1 bourbon, 1 Scotch, 1 beer" by George Thorogood
  • Peanut butter
  • Teletubbies
  • H.P. Lovecraft
  • MST3K
  • "Horatio Hornblower"
  • Amy Abascal
  • Mole cheese enchiladas

No comments: