Today is Day 20 of this nightmarish new reality.
Potatoes au gratin au vin a la Justin
- 6-8 large potatoes cut into thin slices
- olive oil
- 6-8 large onions cut into thin slices
- 1 cup white wine (sauterne if possible)
- ground cayenne pepper to taste (substitute chili powder if you don't like hot stuff)
- 4.5 cups grated white cheddar and Italian cheeses. (I use the Sargento brand pre-grated cause I'm lazy...but you can add your own mix of grated romano, provolone, parmesan, asiago, etc. I really like dry Monterey Jack as well.)
- salt to taste
Oil pan (I usually spray with non-stick spray as well).
Layer in potatoes, onions, and cheese.
Pour in the wine.
Sprinkle top with pepper.
Bake at 375 for an hour.