Friday, January 20, 2006

Shiloh Burton is a woman. :)

It's fascinating how the mind works, and what baggage and pre-existing mental pathways we're all equipped with. In a previous post I talked about Shiloh Burton, a photographer I've been assigned to as part of the Fling. I assumed, because I'd requested a male partner, that Shiloh was a man; but it turns out that's not the case. Shiloh is in fact a woman!

So now I'm about to have my mind expanded. It's uncharted territory for me to contemplate a relationship with a woman. I've had a few days to think about it and there are already all kinds of questions and musings in my mind that could be made into art.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Charles CĂ©leste Hutchins said...

"It's uncharted territory for me to contemplate a relationship with a woman."

Errr, I thought this was an artistic relationship and not a dating relationship? I can't imagine that collaborating with a woman would be very different, but I dunno.

When you played in Vegas, your backup band was at least somewhat female, although not exactly collaborators.

Polly Springhorn said...

The Fling curators want all the pairs they've assigned to envision a romantic relationship between them, not just a collaboration. The art we make is going to be about a romance that we imagine having.