Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I Dream of Ronnie

Last night I had a dream about Ronnie Cramer. This happens to me a lot. Dreaming about my new music colleagues I mean. I've had dreams about Matt Davignon and Ferrara Brain Pan too...those are just the ones that come to mind.

So anyway, in this dream, I found myself in a huge parking lot out back of a similarly huge warehouse store. The parking lot faded toward the road with tall weeds growing between the pavement cracks. In the parking lot were dozens of motorcycles and their people. This included Ronnie and his bike. I met up with him and he said he had been trying to get in touch with me, because he'd been appointed the director of the Denver Museum of Contemporary Art, and he wanted me to come to Denver and work for him full-time.

I was stunned and excited but then I realized that this was the outcome from a tarot reading I'd done (while awake) quite some time back. I told Ronnie that I had read the cards to say that I was going to be offered something that was going to seem like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, but that it was going to be something that would leave me destitute and alone. I told him I could tell that this was the opportunity the cards had foretold and that I had to turn it down. But if he wanted me to come out there for a week and play a gig, or do some contract work, I could do that. He was disappointed.

I don't know if the card reading is fulfilled or not. I tend to think not. I'll still pay close attention to any other once-in-a-lifetime opportunities that come my way while I'm awake.

No comments: